Sunday, November 11, 2012

DIY Wall Art - Reuse, Recycle, Recreate!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! I hope your weekend was as relaxing and positively gorgeous as mine was. With three straight days of sun, warm breezes, and nothing but time, it's these moments that remind me why I love New England.

Naturally I have been soaking up as much sun as I can, but of course, I can only take so much of it before the voice in my head tells me I should probably take a break--if not for sun damage, at least for an icy cup of fresh lemonade :)

During one of my breaks I decided I had collected enough paper towel rolls to take a crack at my DIY wall art project. I had seen a picture on pinterest, and it looked simple enough. After cutting up about 4 wrapping paper rolls, 3 paper towel rolls, 4 toilet paper rolls, and glueing the pieces together with mother's hot glue gun, this is what I produced in my artsy hour:




Cute, huh?! I am totally pleased with how it turned out! The best part is, there are so many ways to make it your own, from simply adding on to make it any size, any shape, or by adding hints of color, etc. So simple, so easy, and so worth those 60 minutes (especially when you can multitask by knocking out a few episodes on Hulu).

Never hurts to know you can get something out of being resourceful. How have you been spending your red, white and blue (and green!) weekend??

xoxo Mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 Clarks Boot
Theme by Yusuf Fikri