Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Colorblock nails





Today was yet another gorgeous almost-summer day, so I decided to take full advantage of the outdoors and start my morning with some tennis. Afterwards I couldn't think of anything else I'd rather do then sit outside with a good magazine and soak up the warm rays--until I noticed my nails. They needed some work. But who's to say I can't do my nails AND enjoy the sunshine?! no one, that's who.

I have seen and heard a lot about the different nail art you can create with some simple scotch tape, but I never had the time or patience to wait for the multiple layers of polish to dry. But actually, doing this outside was the perfect place to try it out! Not only did the sun dry my nails twice as fast, but I could simply kick back with my latest Vogue issue whilst waiting for the fresh coat to dry. 

The style I went for was the simple colorblock, and this whole tape technique turned out to indeed be just as easy as they say!


I first painted my nails a solid color (I chose Essie's Turquoise and Caicos). After they dried completely, I laid a piece of tape across each nail at a diagonal. Then just apply a second color!


my second color was Essie's Size Matters.
Finish with a top coat and voila!
If I can do this, anyone can. 

Happy Saturday :)

xoxo Mer







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 Clarks Boot
Theme by Yusuf Fikri